Thursday, November 02, 2023

2023.10.2. Author at SPL - Timothy Egan

10/2, Thursday. By the time I knew about Timothy Egan's visit to the library, this free event was sold out. I went anyway. Was let in. The auditorium wasn't full. Can easily squeeze in another 30 people.

I read 3 of Egan's books, and liked them. He's a good speaker. He's here promoting his latest book: A Fever in the heartland — the ku klux klan’s plot to take over america and woman who stopped them. Egan didn't really read from his book (which I prefer), but talked about how he went about the story of KKK, and many historical facts (probably all in the book) about KKK. I enjoyed the evening. Will probably read this book, once I finished those over-due books on my counter.

On this First Thursday, I visited the National Nordic Museum in Ballard. Even though I lived in Seattle for over half of my life, this was my first time in this museum. Not much to see. 1 hour is more than enough. I really like the handcarved giant Troll at its gate, by Danish artist Thomas Damboo, part of the Northwest Trolls project. I will probably go visit other trolls of his.