Sunday, November 26, 2023

2023.11.26. Mount Dickerman

11/26, Sunday. Didn't want to waste such a sunny weekend day. 3 of us hiked to Mt Dickerman. Relatively short drive, straightforward trail, stunning view. I walked to I-5 exist to be picked up by L.L. Met up with V.J. at Ashway P&R at 8am. V.J. drove to the TH. This is a very popular trail, about 2 dozen cars at the parking lot when we arrived. 28°F,

Started hiking around 9:30, I reached the summit just before noon. 2.5 hours for almost 4000', not bad. However, my 2 hiking partners were much faster. They were in the middle of their lunch when I arrived. Took a long break. Tried to identify some of the peaks: too many. It was calm, sunny, not cold.

I used microspikes, not absolutely necessary. The trail was obvious, well troden, in good condition. View is amazing once above the treeline. Back in town ~5pm. A quick and beautiful hike.