Tuesday, November 14, 2023

2023.11.14. Tiger 3

11/14, Tuesday. Sunny. Went to Tiger 3 again (~6.9 miles, 2500'). First, I visited Jakob. He makes you smile. Thankfully, this time, I didn't have the company of 100 high school kids.

Better weather today. All the mountains were very clear. It's still chilly in the trees (most of the time). I only drank 1/3 litre of water.

I alighted bus in Issaquah downtown at 12:30, reached summit ~2:10; and back to the same bus stop at 3:50pm. Less traffic today. I got on wrong trails twice, but neither far. I forgot to bring a trekking pole, so had to scout for one. It was broken when I slipped on my way down. Thanks to the stick, I didn't fall. Only had to respond to Slack twice, so less disruption from work.

I didn't have time to go to Tiger 2, because I have a 6pm talk to go in Wallingford.

Historic Seattle's Fall meeting was open to public. It was held on the 4th floor of Good Shepherd. The ground is pitch dark. There's only one door facting east: where the parking lot is. My bus stop was to the west, I had stumble over, and around the building to its only entrance of this large building.

The meeting's main talk is a review of Historic Seattle's past 50 years' legacy, by Larry Kreisman. A slide show of a few significant buildings saved, before and after photos. Good Shepherd is one of them. I lived in Seattle for some many years, this is my first time here. I enjoyed the talk, but didn't learn much. There's Q&A at the end.