Monday, November 06, 2023

2023.10.5. SAM's Japanese print exibition

10/5, Sunday. My newly acquired Alaska Airline credit card allows me to visit a bunch of museums for free on first full weekends (Museums on us program of Bank of America). I went to Seattle Art Museum again, this time for this new special exhibition Hokusai and his influence. This collection from the Art Museum of Boston is quite large. I'm surprised to spend almost an hour here.

There's this large bright lego of the wave in the exhibition hall. Not sure if it's SAM's addition or it was in Boston's original collection. A bit of an extravagance.

Quite a lot of people this morning. It's worth a visit.

Before heading to SAM, I went to look for Thomas Dambo's troll in West Seattle. I really like this one too. He has a name, and a hobby. A nice setting. Our troll has a view. It's in Lincoln Park, just north of the Colman Pool (the pool is closed, but the restroom is open). On my way out, I scrambled up the bluff, instead of walking on the path. Not a good idea. Very steep.

I plan to visit a 3rd troll later this week. The other 2 are difficult for me to reach without a car.