Sunday, November 19, 2023

2023.11.19. Seattle Aquarium

11/19, Sunday. A free day at Seattle Aquarium. Quite busy. I don't remember when I was here last time. Certainly enjoyed my visit today. The facility feels old. I'm looking forward to the expansion, which is in progress in front of my eyes as I walked here.

My favorite are the two touch pools (it's interesting to touch the sea urchin), the jelly arch. The octopus Ruby (a boy) wasn't moving much, saw the eel grass tank. The fish dome looks very old. The fishes are lovely to see, the anemones are colorful. The seal and otter are outdoors, so are puffins. One chick has some bacteria growth on his head. They seem to like to eat shrimp, didn't care for herring.


The shark teeth table: Hammerhead shark, Shortfin Mako shark, Sixgill shark, Blacktip Reef shark. The most curious is the lower jaw of Sixgill.

Another surprising thing is the age. Rockfish can live between 50-140 years. That's shocking. Sea Anemone can "live" forever.