Saturday, May 06, 2023

2023.5.6. Seattle Art Book Fair

Seattle Art Book Fair is new to me. It's for the whole weekend.

5/6, Saturday. I went to Washington Hall (also new to me) for a series of programs, in addition to walk around different publishers and printshops, over 2 floors.

I got a print at Partners In Print. I selected letters out of 3 different fonts/sizes. Wish they brought more, and also bigger fonts.

I also got a quick (~5 minutes) watercolor drawing from Mechelle Lassaline.

There's a book exchange. But I didn't bring anything to swap. Checked out the 3 "soft books". They are disappointing. The paper and binding is nice, but no content: just random 4x6 photoprints typed onto the paper.

I went to one talk on Riso Animation by Alex Barsky and Zack Lydon from Zine Hug. That's quite interesting.