Friday, May 31, 2024

2024.5.31. Seattle University Project Day

5/31, Friday. Project Day of Seattle University College of Science and Engineering. A very wide variety of projects. 5 rooms of 2 floors running simutaneously, 3 sessions, each with 2-3 project presentations. One member of each team stays with their posters in the hallway of both floors. Audience is allowed to ask questions.
I arrived after lunch, missed the most of the first session. Did ask a few questions during the presentation and at the poster stand. I like the varieties. All the kids spoke well and clear. Nice graphs, nice presentations. Not all are useful, but that's not the point. I'm sure the students learned a lot in the process.

Later, I went to see the final of Harriet Stephenson Business Plan Competition. 4 founders did longer pitches (10 min) + questions by the judges. The prize is $20K. Former students are qualified to enter the competition. I voted for 3 of the 4 here during the semi final: Groveyard - human compost and tree groves, Seattle U Credit Union - using student intern to lower cost and gain knowledge, Sip and Snack - adult and children play space. The only one I didn't vote is DecideGuide - video game review and recommendation website. I like the semi-final better. Shorter pitch, more ideas, more attendance.