Saturday, December 09, 2023

2023.12.9. Seattle Men's Chorus' holiday concert at Benaroya Hall

12/9, Saturday, 2pm. Rain....
Benaroya Hall was full of Christmas cheer. Seattle Men's Chorus is my favorite choir group. They are always so funny. This concert is titled A Treemendous Holiday. 200 people voice is a force. At some point today, all singers were dressed like trees. The sing-along uses larger font now, and some hand gestures. It was fun to stretch. My only gripe is: it's not always clear what they were singing. I wish there's subtitle for all singing performances. Also seems the voice arrangement is less complex than before. Still, we had a great time.

Walked to Town Hall for Orqesta NW's performance. Good that we were late. The first half was terrible, showcasing the kids who were learning to play. It was cute to see the ~5 year olds, but it was awful to hear the teenagers' squeaking violins. Even the soloists were not good. Finally it was the adults (Ballard Orchestra), mostly. I saw a couople of youngsters there too. I didn't like the wind section. Thanks to my partner's patience, we stayed put. I did enjoyed the very last, the Singing in the Rain choir group, new to me. Only 6 guys, ~20 women, almost all white hair. Maybe once I retire, I'll join them. The 3 young ladies who sang were quite good, old church songs. However, I wish they didn't use the mic. Too loud, so it was hard to make out the words.

After the concert, there was a long line for tamales. We left without tamales. Rain had subsided. City in lights.