Saturday, August 21, 2021

2021.8.21. Seattle Design Festival

8/21-22, Seattle Design Fest held a Block Party in South Lake Union Park. I visited it around noon on Saturday. More than 2 dozens installations, COVID-19 themed. Like this one with face masks. Or this one, just offers color papers for you to write and fold into a boat and set sail in the pond. Many are similar, just offers different space for people to write wishes/anger/encouragement. Quite frankly, I'm quite sick of anything COVID-19. Can we just get on, please?

This one looks grand and pretty. But I could find out what it means. There're a couple of plant made structures, quite pretty, but not sure what they are trying to say. The only exhibit I liked is this by Craft Stick Crafts folks. They showcased a number of small wooden modals made by everyday objects + glue. They teach kids to build scaled-down buildings and furniture, so kids can learn to design, calculate, draw and build.

Overall a disappointment, because I learnt nothing. I spent about an hour. It's nice to walk around in the park.