Monday, April 22, 2024

2024.4.22. Earth Day

4/22, Monday. Sunny. Many events today and throughout the week in the theme of earth. I had this new temporary addition to my small home.

Seattle University hosted (seems like annually) Earth Talks at Pigott Auditorium. Many short talks by both students and teachers. I especially like the bioswale projects by Mark Grey (property manager and investor) and Jeremy Febus (civil engineer), to clean highway storm water in Fremont. The last talk is by Jessyn Farrell (head of Office of Environment and Sustainability of Seattle). She talked about the planning for electrifying Seattle.

At 4pm, I went to a tour and 54th birthday party of Environmental Works, a community landscape/architecture design firm (that I'd never heard of) founded on the first Earth Day. 54 balloons, 54 candles on the big birthday cake. Nice friendly people.