Saturday, July 22, 2023

2023.7.22 REI 85th birthday

7/22. Saturday. I was under the weather a little bit this week, so didn't go hiking today.

Attended REI's 85th Anniversary Event.
Posters of REI’s history (with photos), old gear tools (glove maker, ice axe strength measurement, rope longevity tool). Seattle Mountain Rescue was onsite for demo at the climbing wall. One very amicable transgender(?) lady showed me how the pullies were setup.

T-shirt printing (4 designs to choose from, gray, yellow, blue, green), a KEXP DJ, fancy cupcakes (with gluten-free option), chips and soda. I filled a form for a "Go Outdoors" T-shirt, then went to pick up a cupcake (quite good). When I finished my food, my T-shirt is ready.

Bought a large bottle of Permetherin spray by Sawyer to prepare my clothes for the mosquitoes. The store was quite busy.