Thursday, June 09, 2022

2022.6.9. All Tharp by PNB

6/9, Thursday. I arrived at 7:30pm. After checking vaccine card and buying a ticket, I was let in, but told to sit at any empty seat in the back so not to disturb others. At the first intermission, I found that my seat was taken. So I went back to where I was sitting.

All Tharp celebrates Twyla Tharp. The 3 acts all choregraphed by Tharp, all quite different. The 1st act, Brief Flings, is pieces of solo, dual, triple, quad, and group in different color pallet of clothing (in Scottish theme clothing, but not Scottish music). Checker pattern used on pants look too much like pajama to me. More traditional. The 2nd act, Sweet Fields, is accompanied by voice only (a proper choir). I was on orchestra level, so couldn't see any singers. I like the 3rd act, Waiting at the station, with a nice stage set and everyday clothing.

It's a nice change of what I do. Haven't seen a dance performance for ages.