Friday, June 24, 2022

2022.6.24. Pride Pop with Seattle Symphony

6/24, Friday, 8pm. I was running late (as always). Arrived a couple of minutes late. There were still some latecomers picking up tickets, when I ran by the ticketing window! I passed those people and ran into the auditorium, huffing, puffing and sweating. The show didn't start until a few minutes after I sat down. All events seem to anticipate laggers like me.

This Pride Pop concert is a lot of fun. Two drag queens, Thorgy Thor and Anita Spritzer, with outrageuos hair, and colorful clothes. The conductor Lee Mills also had 2 nice shiny outfits, and very lively. I always like Seattle Men's Chorus. The song "I love you more" between suprano Alexa Jarvis and the chorus is very moving. I also like their retake of Beethoven's 5th symphony and their rendition of "Over the rainbow".

After the concert, there was a "party" in the lobby. Franz' salty caramal chocoloates, blinking LED lights, and music. All the lights were purple, why?

I couldn't stay long, because I had guests coming today. I bought them tickets to the same concert tomorrow! Surprised to realize that the auditorium today was only ~60% full.