Summerland trail starts in the forest.
The light rain was mostly blocked by the trees.
The asters near the Panhandle River is always nice. Passed prime now, as this year had been very dry.
By then, the rain had stopped. Low clouds, limited view.
Continued past Summerland towards Panhandle Gap. Still very foggy. Monkeyflowers are still abundant. Some gentium. Lupine all dead.
Saw only 1 marmot.
At Panhandle Gap, a group of Chinese backpackers were taking photos of each other. Very happy and loud. Too cloudy. Couldn't see Adams.
From the gap, I headed up right (west) towards an unnamed peak. There is a clear boot track which I followed to its end.
Then rocks. After some scramble, I gave up.
Good view looking down to the gap. Too bad: so cloudy.
Back the same way, and waited a bit more for the clouds to lift.
No luck. Back to Summerland and out.
It was less cloudy than on our way up, but still too cloudy. Never saw Rainier. Beautiful non the less.
Temperature was perfect for hiking.
We were very luckly. The following week, the road to Sunrise was closed due to fire.