Wednesday, January 17, 2024

2024.1.17. Techstar Demo Day

1/17, Wednesday MOPOP. I have a ticket to the presentation at 4pm. However, when I arrived, they said that the theatre was full. I was told that the museum was open. So I went up, but no, only 2 rooms were open. I chatted with the security guy from Gdanisk Poland. He said he's a writer.

The demo and reception starts at 6pm. I returned at 6:30. I attended this portion last year. This year, less options of food, plenty though (port slider, waffle + fried chicken, falafel round, spanakopita, jackfruit cake), no desert. Drink is no longer free.

About 20 teams showcased their products. More Indian founders. Quite a few use AI. Below are a list that I visited (ordered by my visit):
  • Inquisio: retrieves construction documents permits
  • Easy Platter: hires a chef to cook in your own kitchen
  • Trellis Health: health of the family: kids health and their parents
  • Canopy: a new social media network
  • Visionify: workplace monitor
  • Care Copilot: helps to care for your loved ones
  • Planette: forecasts enviromental events by using oceanography data
  • Chassy: release management from code to hardware