Wednesday, January 17, 2024

2024.1.17. Amber Liu and Marielle Kraft at Crocodile

1/17, 8pm, Crocodile hosted the first show of K-pop star Amber Liu's 2024 tour No More Sad Songs. I'd never heard of her. My friend DZ + KK would drive here for the concert, so I said I'd join them. The venue is only a couple of blocks from my home, but I'd never been inside.

Bought a ticket from the box office. $2.75 service charge. Online the fee is ~$11. Yak!

They search your bag at the door. I brought a thermo cup, and it was "held" at the door. My ticket says "general seating". It turns out there's no seating. There's a stage, a bar, and then empty space where audience stand. The very few bar stools were long taken by the time I arrived.

Marielle Kraft started soon after 8pm. An indie song writer based in Nashville. She introduced the background of her songs. Every song is like a short story. I like her. She plays guitar, her band has an electric guitar and a drummer.

Then a very long break, long enough to remind me that I'm too old to stand this long. We are, maybe the oldest people here.

Finally, Amber got on stage. She sings and she jumps. She and 2 dancers at front stage, accompanied by an electric guitar, a keyboard, a drummer. They are full of energy. I did enjoyed her performance, except my back.