Wednesday, October 18, 2023

2023.10.18. Tiger 2-3

Wednesday, 3 meetings in the morning :( Couldn't get back into work mode, especially my test failed. Took off ~1:45pm, and took the bus to Issaquah to hike Tiger. However, I forgot my tekking pole :( On the trail, found some Boletes (but most are too wet), and quite a few mushroom like in this photo. They are jelly like.

The beginning of the trail (off Sunset Blvd) is steep and very noisy (just above I-90). Then, it is flat (Adventure Trail), under powerlines. Then onto the Section Line trail. This is steep. About 3.3 miles and 2700' to West Tiger 3. Here is the view of Tiger 2 from Tiger 3.

I continued down and up to Tiger 2. The power station is fully fenced in. There's a rough narrow track around it. A nice bench under the station. Some guy was chilling there. I returned to Tiger 3, and ate my early dinner there. Too early for sunset, will come back for it next time. It is a bit dark later on my back, but I didn't use my headlamp. Got side tracked a couple of times, both going up and down. A GPS map is useful, because there're too many trails here.

Back to the bus station ~6:45. The bus at 7:08 is 10 min late. Rush hour? Got home ~8pm.