Friday, April 21, 2023

2023.4.21. Dear Humanity - a community concert

4/21, Friday. Seattle Symphony and UW choir performed this free community concert. Not many people. I reserved the ticket online ahead of time, but no one checked the ticket. I met with a friend and his teenage daughter. We sat at the founter tier first row. A little far, but we see very well.
Gabriella Smith  - Tidalwave Kitchen (2012)
Tan Dun          - Passacaglia: Secret of Wind and Birds
Michael Abels    - Global Warming
Angelique Poteat - Dear Humanity for Youth Chorus & Orchestra
There's an introductino in front of each piece. The 4-movement symphony "Dear Humanity" is composed with 3 other young ladies. Kinda interesting. They have some drawing board out in the lobby about the piece.

I didn't like the "kitchen", very dissonant. The girl liked it. All of us like the 2nd piece. I think "Global Warming" is too happy. I like the choir, but my friend doesn't. Overall, we enjoyed the concert. It's the girl's first time at Benaroya Hall. She seems excited to be here. Visited all the tables in the lobby, took away many brochures, buttons and stickers. They are all stationed by youth groups, perfect for her.