Thursday, December 08, 2022

2022.12.8. Mr. Dickens and his Carol at Seattle Repertory Theatre

Mr. Dickens and His Carol by Samantha Silva. Good acting. Simple but efficient stage set. I don't particularly like the story, too contrived.

After the flop of his latest novel, Dicken's financial situation is in peril. He is commissioned to write a Christams story in a month, but not in the holiday mood. After walking in the London streets aimlessly, he met a young lady with a "mute" son, he suddenly found his muse, saw the holiday spirit. Wife and kids came back to celebrate Christmas, and suddenly no more worry of money. The muse also dies of convenience.

I had minor confrontation with the box office. They wanted a name to be associated with my ticket. That took some time, and I had to sit outside watching a TV screen with terrible sound before they let me into the theatre.