Tuesday, September 27, 2022

2022.9.27. Whalebone Magazine Celebrates its National Park Issue

9/27, Wednesday. I didn't knew about this event until around noon today. Went to Seattle Fjällräven store for the second stop of the Whalebone Whalebone x Fjällräven National Park Film Tour. A special viewing of the ~15min film "Born Curious", featuring Fjällraven guide JR Harris, followed by Q&A with Harfis.

Drinks (cocktail, wine, beer, water) and cookies. Not a large turnout. Slow going. The store opened at 6:30 for the event, but the film didn't start until maybe 7:20.
I didn't care for the film (mostly old footage + interview of Harris inside Explorers Club or in the woods), but liked and appreciated its message: go out to the nature. I very much enjoyed the Q&A session. Harris is very amicable and quite down to earth. I especially like the Fjällraven shirt he was wearing :)

Now, homework: I need to read the magazine.