Saturday, August 20, 2022

2022.8.20. Seattle Design Festival

Seattle Design is a week-long festival. Many temporary installations at South Lake Union. Same as last year, with the theme of "connection". Most are somewhat boring, exactly like last year, having the vistors draw/write something, and then attach it on a framework of some sort, so to make a combined effect. I was hoping for some tours or lectures, but no.

Most interesting is the Block Home project. I talked to the few presenters. All volunteer based. Juniper wood, sheep wool insulation. Good stuff. Others, I like the seeding giveaway (trees), and this ping pong table with a rotating net.

I was supposed to go to Pugh. But on the way to the bus station, I realized that I forgot something. Thus missed the hourly bus. In fact, I saw the bus leaving, so ran to the nex stop. Well, bus was faster!