Saturday, September 18, 2021

2021.9.18. Interbay Maritime Industrial Lands Walk

9/18, Saturday afternoon, I walked to Fisherman's Terminal, to join a guided walk organized by Share The City. Weather wasn't good this weekend, so instead of hiking, I decided to walk the 3+ miles, along Lake Union, and then, along the canal. It started raining half way there, but not too bad.

I was late, when I found the group. A lady was talking about the importance of fishery to the city. As we were heading out to the bus stop, it poured. All of us got drenched in the 0.4 mile walk. Instead of waiting in the rain for the bus, I walked the next mile to the 2nd stop: Interbay Athletic Complex (3027 17th Ave W). On the way, I found some very nice plums lying near the side walk. Picked a few. Rain dissipated.

At Interbay Athletic Complex, we walked around the block in drizzle and look at the Dravus Bridge & BNSF Rail Yards. The buildings here were developed in the past 10-15 years after re-zoning the area. Looks quite lively now.

Next stop, Interbay Armory (2001 15th Ave W). We stopped in front of Whole Foods. Very noisy and busy. They talked about cruise ships (one can be seen from here), and other land use and power supply issues.

Final stop, Magnolia Bridge (1541 15th Ave W is spelled out on the schedule), is where I lost the group. I waited for awhile and decided to go home along Elliot Bay walk way. By then, the rain has completely stopped.

Returned via Elliot Bay Park. Saw 2 small cruiseships, one from National Geographic Venture.