Monday, April 06, 2020

2020.4.5. Cherry Blossom at UW

4/5. Sunday. Partly sunny. Took the bus to University District. Walked to UW's cherry quad. A little past prime. Still lovely. This is my first time after returning to Seattle to see the cherry blossom here. Thanks to the COVID-19 lock-down, somewhat less people than usual. There were signs at each entrance about avoid congregation. As the afternoon rolled in, more and more people. I sat at a wooden bench (one of the many) reading my book. A couple strolled by, and decided to take pictures right in front of me. The guy kneeled down to capture various poses of his lady on the camera. I could see the hair on his butt crack! I guess some people simply don't understand what distance means. I left after 2 short stories. It was getting a bit chilly sitting .

I walked home via University Bridge, then East Lake, and Fairview Ave, trying to walk along Lake Union, but not always possible. More than 3/4 of the lake front is inaccessible. Fenced off by parking structures, condos. From north to south, houses on water, then cargo ship docks, industrial storage, the yachts, and restaurants. The restaurants are mostly closed, but they all have nice decks by the water you can walk to. Saw some homeless tents behind those waterfront condos, some people living in RVs parked in now deserted lots.