Saturday, April 11, 2020

2020.4.11. Lakeview Cemetery

4/11, Saturday. This Easter weekend, with the nice weather in the forecast, Seattle has closed down all major parks as well as Rattlesnake Lake Recreation Area, so friends and families cannot gather in the parks. I'm not sure of the rationale of this decision, nor how this could be implemented for parks without any fences. I headed up to Volunteer Park. In case of complete closure, I could still visit the neighboring Lake View Cemetery which opens at 9am daily.

Cloudy in the morning. As I walked into Volunteer Park, I could see the yellow ribbons across the road. A few joggers. Very few people. Flowers in and around the conservatory were really nice. A pity that you can not go inside. I walked out at the NE corner of the park, yes, this road had ribbon tied across.

This is my first time to Lake View Cemetery. Bruce Lee, father and son, ware buried here. I didn't realized that they died so young. A large proportion of the tombs here are Chinese. Lots of cherry trees here. Already past the peak, but still a lot of petals remained. At the highest point, it's possible to see a little bit of both Lake Union and Lake Washington.

When I walked back across Volunteer Park, I encountered one security guard who told me to go back to my car.

Later this day, I walked up to Kerry Park for sunset. This little park wasn't closed. Quite a few people here.