Saturday, November 04, 2017

2017.11.4. Studio Tour at Moberg Fireplaces

11/4, Saturday, 3pm. I don't know how I got to sign up for this studio tour by Institute of Classic Architecture & Art at Moberg Fireplaces, but it was interesting. In this rare occasion, I arrived on time, but the lecture didn't start until about 3:30pm, and 3 more people trickled in even later. I browsed some portfolios and technical drawings of the pipes and dimension behind the firebox, to while away time. It was quite informative. Very complicated behind the ornate mantles and fire. Walter Moberg, himself, gave a talk on his fascination of classical fireplaces with many photos of French castles (all of them I happened to have visited, but never paid any attention to the fireplaces). Then onto his projects. All his clients are wealthy beyond my imagination. But it's good that someone will pay for his detailed work and artistry. It is educational.