6/21, Sunday. 3pm. Another free performance by Puget Sound Concert Opera.
Mavra + Aleko.
I don't like Stravinsky's Mavra, except that I like the singer of Mavra. He's very funny. The story is comical and stupid (a boy poses as a maid to get into a girl's house), the music is not memorable.
I really like Rachmaninoff's Aleko. The story is more epic (death, exile, love). The music is melodic. I especially like the base singer of the father, Michael Drumheller. His voice is amazing, and his socks are eye popping. Rachmaninoff wrote this opera at age 19, still a student! What a genias.
I also really like this organization's artistic director Regina Thomas. She speaks of why she picked these works, and a little background of each. She also sang in Aleko in the chorus. During intermission, there was some snack and a drawing.
After dinner, we went to Seattle Center for Seattle Glow (2nd time, but I was oblivious to the first one).
When we arrived ~8:15pm, too early.
There's a basket to check out.
the sponsors of today's spectable had their booths: Seattle Ballooning and Muckleshoot Casino who's handing out casino vouchers.
A lot of people, no space to sit down on the lawn anymore.
Drones are not allowed. There are a couple of "official drone operators".
~9pm, they started to blow up the balloons. One at a time. Total 7.
We weren't able to get closer until much later, when they allow you to go next to the operators.
It was very colorful, hot, and festival.
Next year: Sunday June 20th.