Friday, February 02, 2018

2018.2.2. Portland Winter Festival

2/2. Friday. The 3rd Winter Light Festival (Feb 1-3). Unusually nice winter weather this year. But I was stuck at work till 7:45pm, and somehow I still missed all the performances (last ones at 9pm). Nothing in NW (district C according to the organizer), where I walked by after 8pm. All was dark already. The World Trade Center was filled with people. Different light installation than 2 years ago. There's also a linked bike with roof and many lights. I forgot my water bottle there, which I tried later to recover, but failed. Good I have a number of those at home.

I took the Spirit Cruise at 9pm eastbound. Portland Opera didn't perform on that one (maybe too late). Still quite a lot of people. Lights look good on the river with the reflection. Hawthorn bridge had to raise its center for the boat to go under, thus halt all the traffic across the bridge.

The main location is around OMSI. It has a fire dragon. Quite big. Not too many other interesting installations.

I like the two projections. A building with animated people inside. Looks real-ish. The other one is Hood River country side with a scene for each season, and an animated squirrel was doing his agriculture tasks. Very cute.


I caught a bus back to downtown via Hawthorn Bridge. Yes, we were stuck for awhile by the raising bridge. By the time I arrived at home, it was close to midnight. Not looking forward to get up early tomorrow.