Saturday, July 01, 2017

2017.7.1. Lawn Bowling on Canada Day

7/1, Saturday. Went to check out Fraser Pacific Rose Society's Centennial Rose Garden. Happened onto a local tournament of lawn bowling. The rose garden is very small, even though it's in full bloom now, still it doesn't take many minutes to walk around the small plot. Ended up standing in the shading and watching the senior citizen's in their games, and in their patriotic white and red outfit. A lady came to me and asked if I had any questions about the game. She then showed me the difference of the balls, the basic rules. After one of the lanes were done by the game participants, she let us roll the balls a few times. Mine goes out wobbling.

It's Canada Day. Lots of celebration with performances and food stalls hosted in community parks. In the evenings, fireworks. At 10:20pm, the town I watched the local fireworks show from the balcony of my relatives. Not bad.