Wednesday, June 24, 2015

2015.6.24. OMSI after dark

2015/6/24. Wednesday. Hot. I got 2 tickets from work to this sold-out cider event at Oregon Museum of Science and Industry. OMSI hosts one "after dark" event each last Wednesday of a month in summer. Not really dark. 7-11pm. I only arrived after 9pm. Got reprimanded by the ticket dispense lady, because I was late. She was kind enough to give me my glass with 8 tokens - each for a (half glass) taste of about 20 different hard ciders presented tonight. I only managed to try 4 (randomly from dry to sweet, to spicy - chilly), as the lines are not short, and some ciders were out by the time I arrived. We were also allowed to have 4 free small samples of other beverage. I tried some very sweet bubbly by Bearfoot. The rest were out when I got there. Without much food, that's enough to make me lightheaded. Should have come earlier, and bring some food. Quite fun, but crowded. I didn't have time to look at most of the exhibition. Went to the only 2 talks: cider tasting 101, and cider history.

Went to hear journalist Fred Pearce speak about invasive species at Powell's before OMSI. Hence the late arrival.