Saturday, May 16, 2015

2015.5.16. Belcarra Regional Park

Sunday, cloudy. I dragged kids out for a short walk in Belcarra Regional Park 20 minutes from home. Since my parents didn't get up until 11am, our walk happened around lunch time, where the park picnic area was in full swing. There're probably more people here than in the city. The air is thick with BBQ smoke and noise. I suggested to walk to one of the picnic shelter and see if we can partake their food. This was vehemently vetoed by my nephew.

We hiked to Admiralty Point and back. About 2 Km one way. Quite flat, with exposed roots at places. Salmonberry, bleeding hearts. It smells of ocean, even though we are 1 hour inland. View of the inlet is nice, but nothing special. Did see some huge cargo ship. My nephew and I had different guess for whether it was leaving or coming. It's an okay trail to hike, if you are here. Another one to do is the Jug Island trail. However, no point of coming here just for the hike, like we did today.