Tuesday, November 13, 2007

2007.11.10. I Feel Fine at Annex Theatre. A new collaborative performance collage by local amateurs, using found objects, dance, music, and food to knit together four New Year's Eve parties, at the end of each one person is picked to die, and each condemned plays a song before execution.
It's interesting, the stage is through a back door, up on a narrow & dilapidated staircase, lit by actor-pedaled bicycle generators. However, I don't understand what's the gist of this play, nor do I appreciate the changing of costume on stage. Most importantly, I don't think I want to sit in another audience-engaging play. At one point, one actor wearing just underpants and socks stood facing me, with one leg popped up on the armrest of the seat in front of me. I was praying all that minute while he stood there, doing whatever I didn't dare to look at.