Sunday, September 16, 2007

2007.9.15. Keith Urban in his world tour, promoting his latest album Love, Pain & the Whole Crazy Thing. Key Arena 8pm. Two young girls sang the first 30 minutes, then a 30 min pause. Urban showed up at 9:05, with his ugly consort (4 other guitars + 1 drum). A local group Cascade Drum Corp was featured. A large screen was put up with sophisticated lighting switches and camera & projectors, so you can see the singer's sweat.
The songs are fine, especially the one he sang alone on a piano (at least the volume was manageable). I had my Ipod ear buds in through out the concert, and it was still too loud. The accompaniments were rhythmical, repetitive, yet not too boring. The crowd was in love with the guy, they can sing every single song, and kept standing for most of the time. While I had never heard of his name until this day. I still don't know why I went. Maybe because I was told that he was married to Nicole Kidman, who, in my opinion, the embodiment of western beauty. Some teenage girl at the door sold me a $60 ticket for $20.