Friday, July 31, 2026

2026.7.27-31.Seattle Tech Week

One week of talks, panels, demos and networking. I enjoyed these events:
  • 7/27: Effective Board
  • 7/27: Angel Investing
  • 7/29: Cyber Security
  • 7/29: Cover Story (media: Seattle Magazine)
I especially like "Cover Story". It was hosted at Coliseum - a new art venue by Conru Foundation (formerly Coliseum Theatre - Banana Republic). We had time to wander around the space and check out the art installations (some are quite large). A week later, I came here again for a music performance, and took more photos. I especially like this painting by Paul Nunn.

The odd event, networking alone, is called "casino night" on 7/30. Hosted in a non-descriptive event space that looks like a block from outside. I ran into Suzie, the nurse, whom I met at a few book talks. So crowded that it's difficult to move around. I actually took my food outside to eat standing by the door. Each one was given a voucher of $500 fake money, which you can exchange to tokens with the dealer. Roullet and black jack tables.