Saturday, April 28, 2018

2018.4.28. Gathering of the Guilds - an art show

Fri-Sun at the Convention Center.

By far the largest gathering is the pottery guild. Woodwork and glasses added together is not half of pottery space. I didn't bother with beads, metal and hand weaver's booths. Didn't have time.

This Montero entry table is quite an eye catcher. The top is made of salvaged maple and green epoxy fill. The legs made of salvaged handrails from Kellogg Middle School. $825 at Splendid Tables. I don't like the lower shelf, especially the color.

I only arrived around 5pm on Saturday, stayed till it closed at 6pm for the day. I didn't expect to see so many booths and beautiful objects. I even bought a small cup, with crystal pattern inside, and smooth stone look outside. Quite a lot of shoppers. There're also demonstration throughout the day.