Friday, June 09, 2017

2017.6.9. Paula Pondstone promotes her book at Powell's

6/9, Friday, 7pm. I went to Powell's Cedar Hills store for an author reading event. As I was walking in the store (10 minutes late), I heard this familiar voice, loud and clear. I searched my mind of who that might be. I didn't write down on my calendar who the author was, only went because of the funny title "Totally Unscientific Study of Happiness". Once I saw Paula Poundstone's name on the book cover, it dawned on me, that I heard her at Wait Wait Don't Tell Me.

Paula is very funny and candid. Tireless, a bit verbose, she kept talking, more than the store manager liked. She also read a section of her book about watching movie together with her 3 children for a day. I don't know why would anyone buy the book. It's fun to hear her reading it while making comment. More of a rant.