Wednesday, August 19, 2015

2015.8.19. Tech Crawl

2015.8/19. Wednesday. Hot: in high 90s°F. Is this Portland only? First time for me. I joined the crowd at 5:45pm for the opening speech of 4th annual Tech Crawl. About 2 dozen downtown small tech companies opened their doors with snacks and drinks (beer, kombucha, cider on tap at some offices). Their location and openings are printed on a nice colored map. I only managed to visited ~7 (see photos of Aruba and Janran), and maybe only talked to 2 hosts (Cedexis + Aruba). Jive's office is the most impressive, with its balcony all around the building (see photos to the left).

Mayor addressed the crowd. Allegedly over 1000 people signed up. Maybe less than half showed up then. I didn't see a whole lot of people in each location. I didn't go to this after party, which is a bit out of the way. I'm surprised to see these many people in the after party photo. .