Thursday, April 24, 2014

2014.4.20. Catherine Creek on Easter Sunday

Almost sunny. ~13 women showed up for this stroll through the meadows. The most common are the white popcorn flower. Some nice fields of camas, vetch, fiddleneck, or Rosy Plectritis as in the photo. I like the large slope of grass, waving in the wind. We went along Atwood Road, visited the natural bridge, then we went the bridge (no longer allowed to walk close), and big the big sloping meadow.

Had lunch at the hanging trees. Afterwards, Julie brought cut cleaned strawberries (a bit too cold), pond cake, whip cream and paper plates! Michelle shared her "pesto" made of nettle. What an Easter Sunday! I dozed off on the way back in the back seat of Star. When I awoke, Star and Abby were discussing their dating strategy and whether to switching dating women to men. Gee, I am glad I missed most of the conversation.