Thursday, July 05, 2012

2012.7.5. One Slight Hitch at ACT

One Slight Hitch by Lewis Black. Nothing new, but still quite funny. Some smart dialog. Excellent acting, especially the dad (hilarious when he was drinking and smoking. Actor R. Hamilton Wright has been one of my favorites on Seattle's stages.). The groom and the girl were fun. I really like the stage set and the color too. Clever background lighting on the top. Wonderful opening and short ending narrated by the youngest daughter.

A suburban Cincinnati house is throwing a wedding party for the eldest daughter in early 1980s. The ex-boyfriend showed up.

I fell going down the stairs and twisted my only good ankle. Now I'm quite handicapped. Jim Moran, the house manager, happened to witness my fall (so were many patrons), brought me an ice pack loosely wrapped in a paper towel. During intermission, he came in and inquired about my foot. On my way out, he gave me his name card and showed me a form that he filled about my accident. Maybe worried that I'd sue the theatre?