Thursday, February 18, 2010

2010.2.18. Tacoma's Art Walk

3rd Thursday Art Walk in Tacoma.
My first stop is Tacoma Art Museum for its temporary exhibition of Movement of Impressionism. The museum is very small. It has 3-4 Renoir's, 1 Corot, 1 drawing by Mary Cassatt. Its small exhibition of History of Northwest Art is not bad. My favorite is a night ballet scene by Everett Shinn. My first visit here, despite the fact it's so close to Seattle (easy bus ride on highway: 590, 592, 594), and how often I visit art museums.
My 2nd stop is Washington State History Museum. Lots of things to see, and activities. There's a guided tour at 6:30 and 7pm, with demonstrations.
My last stop is Museum of Glass. The outdoor installation Fluent Step by Martin Blanks is glowing over water. Absolutely beautiful. See images (copied from his website). Another installation Mirrored Murrelets is cute. The exhibition Kids' Design Glass is sure to bring smiles.