Sunday, April 08, 2018

2018.4.8. Porland Japanese Garden

4/8, Sunday. Heavy rain in the morning postponed my trip for an hour. I arrived at the gate ~11am in light rain. Took the Washington Park Free Shuttle instead of walking from the MAX station. This runs every ~15 minutes, weekend only in April. Good thing about the rain is that very few people here, nor on the bus.

The rain made the ponds turbid. Instead of seeing the colorful fish in the water, now you see the reflection of the colorful umbrellas.

I should have come yesterday morning. I was deterred by the forecasted rain storm and high wind, but the rain and wind didn't come in mid afternoon. Now, most of the cherry blossoms were blown down. Magnolia were either budding or dying. I still enjoyed my short time here, thanks to the emptiness.