Saturday, March 19, 2016

2016.3.19. Climbing Mt. St. Helens

3/19, Saturday. 14 of us met at 5am, and climbed Mt. St. Helens. 13 reached the rim, one turned back due to leg cramp only 1/3 way in. We were very slow and most of the group stayed together. Took ~10 hours (7:30am-5:30pm). Didn't need snowshoes or crampons, even though I carried both and used them at points. View is outstanding as always. Clouds moved in as we reached the top. By the time I side tracked to the summit, the crater was in clouds. Also for about 15-20 minutes on the way down, it was so foggy, like a whiteout, that I had to wait. Otherwise, it was so sunny, I got quite burnt, without any sun protection, because the cloudy forecast.

On my sliding down, my water bottle flipped out, I don't even know when. A fellow hiker picked it up, and found me in the parking lot. THANK YOU.