Saturday, February 13, 2016

2016.2.13. Ecola State Park

Ecola State Park is my favorite on Oregon northern coast. It's only 1:15 hours from my home, making it a quick beach getaway.

2/13, Saturday. Rain. We parked at Chapman Point just outside of Ecola State Park, for a shorter hike to Crescent Beach. A bit muddy today. This is a hike-in only beach, so almost never crowded. It has sea stacks on both ends, and a small waterfall. No birds today.

Continue hiking to Ecola Point for a better view up high, and flushing toilets. Extremely windy, sometimes I had hard time breathing. Lots of pounding waves.

Continued all the way to Indian Beach. It's smaller, and not many people, because the access road was closed due to storm damage.

I'm surprised to see the number of people we encountered on the trail: muddy, wet, gusty. My phone registered 21k steps.