Thursday, November 27, 2014

2014.11.27. Multnomah-Wahkeena loop hike

Thanksgiving day. Rain at times. My sister, her husband and I hiked this traditional all season hike Multnomah-Wahkeena loop. 5 miles, 1600' gain. The trail above Benson Bridge was ribboned off. We went anyway. At Wahkeena TH, there's a construction going on. The link between the two trailhead was closed. We had to walk on the narrow road. Not the best idea. Quite some people came on this raining morning. Most of them didn't go over the ribbon. My sister wore my waterproof hiking boots and my rain coat, her husband put on the new rain jacket. We were fine with the weather, but they complained about their legs after a mile in. We all enjoyed the waterfalls (5 major ones and countless small cascades) and the company.

Before returning home, we joined the shopping crowd for the ever earlier Black Friday sale. The checkout lines are huge, so had to be on our legs more. Did find some good bargain.