Saturday, May 18, 2013

2013.5.18. Mt Tabor art walk

5/18. Saturday. Drizzling all day. Checked out Mt Tabor annual art walk this weekend. Well organized. 40 artists living near Mt. Tabor park joined hands to showcase their works in their own homes. Nice neighborhood. Quite a few nice houses. Not exactly an art walk, rather than drive and walk. I may be the only person who walked all the way.
My first stop is Helen Snyder-Dickson's house which showcased 4 artists. A lovely house, full of light, snacks were provided. I talked to Rosemary Klein for quite awhile, whom I met last Sunday. She's very encouraging. In the same house, Karla Piatt's fused glass are very pretty. Chris Keylock Williams' house has an incredible garden. The view from her 3rd fl studio is splendid. I especially liked Adrienne Stacey' pottery showcased in the garden. She was very kind telling me how to make imprints. I also like the fanciful outdoor mosaic fixtures in Mark Brody's garden.

I find most of the artists welcoming. They exude enthusiasm and eager to share their knowledge and experience. Very positive atmosphere. If I lose my job this time, I'll move to Portland and pick up my brushes again.

Mt Table park is quite pleasant. Lush, big trees, plenty of trails. I cut across via SE 67th to get to the park. A couple of reservoirs, currently empty. Saw a few families picnicking in a big shelter. Kids playing in the basketball court, no one is using the 3 tennis courts, a group rehearsing.