Thursday, May 09, 2013

2013.3.9. Rough Crossing at Venetian Theatre

3/9 Thursday. Bag&Baggage's first performance of Tom Stoppard's Rough Crossing at the classical Venetian Theatre. Excellent acting and costume. Efficient stage set. They speak a bit too fast for me. The plot within the plot is too complicated. I like Wodehouse's adaptation Play's the Thing better. Overall, entertaining. I'm sad to see that most of the theatre was empty. I hope their later performances will have better luck. I certainly will see their show again.
Turai      - Adam Syron 
Dvornichek - Ian Armstrong
Adam       - Benjamin Farmer
Gal        - Norman Wilson
Natasha    - Megan Carver
Ivor       - Peter Schuyler
Director   - Scott Palmer
Scenic     - George Caldwell
Costume    - Melissa Heller
Lighting   - Molly Browne 
Venetian Theatre in downtown Hillsboro is very nice. Full of old world charm, comfortable modern seats. A restaurant attached. Quite convenient.